The Alpha Subsea Diamond Wire Saws are designed for underwater cutting of horizontal or vertical pipe, casings and structure, with five models that cut from 4in to 84in O.D. (DN100-DN2100). Running on hydraulic power, the wire saw is controlled remotely using the Alpha Topside Control Panel (TCP), Alpha HPU with integrated TCP or by ROV control operable via zero leak hot stabs.
Alpha Diamond Wire Saws feature a unique hydrodynamic design that dramatically reduces centrifugal forces during operation, which means less power wasted in churning water and more power directed to cutting the workpiece.
|Model Number:||DWS 8460|
|Maximum Pipe Capacity:||84in (2134mm)|
|Minimum Pipe Capacity:||60in (1524mm)|
|Product Part #:||10-010-584|
- System function-Designed to cut submerged pipe, casing and structure of varying materials and thicknesses using a high speed rotating diamond wire loop cutting element
- System capacity-Five models designed to cut from 4in to 84in O.D. (DN100-2100)
- Cutting wire-Quick change continuous loop diamond wire cutting element
- Cutting wire speed-Variable, 0-1,500 RPM
- Drive options- Hydraulic only
- Power requirements-Hydraulic requirements 20 GPM @ 2500 PSI (76 LPM @ 172 BAR) varies by model and application
- Feed method-Automatic self-adjusting feed control with screw drive and manual override
- Feed rate-Variable based on workpiece material and density
- Construction-Lightweight aluminum plate construction, constant tension bow feed, three hydraulic drive circuits ? cutting, feed, and clamp drive.
- Finish-Corrosion resistant powder coated aluminum frame plates, black anodized aluminum select components, and stainless steel hardware
- Clamping pads-User replaceable crush resistant urethane clamping pads
- Wire guides-User replaceable durable urethane inserts
- Included accessories-Operating manual